Job Title: Travel Advisor
Job Location: San Francisco
Savanti Travel is a startup in San Francisco that provides busy executives with full-service travel advisory and management solutions. Our full service program includes trip planning, research and booking, credit card advice, loyalty program management, award bookings and more. We’re a small team that is building the future of intelligent travel. A Savanti prescription helps eliminate all future travel headaches. People need us.
We’re looking for a smart, witty, well traveled, fun, service oriented individual to join our growing team of Travel Advisors. We’re old school travel agent hospitality meets new school travel tricks & hacks. We sit at the crossroads of hustle and hospitality. Sounds fun, eh? You’ll have an opportunity to make an immediate impact while working in a fun environment. Oh and you’ll have first look at some of the best travel deals in the world. Let’s Fly!
- Communication -- You are on the front lines in keeping our clients happy. You must be a great communicator and listener. You have to enjoy picking up the phone and replying to emails & texts with a smile on your face. You are a travel savant - clients expect fast responses.
- Client Service -- On the front lines you’ll be intaking all client requests and managing expectations. This includes trip planning, research, finding the best deal and staying on top of the back and forth with the client to get the task completed. Our clients travel anywhere between 2-15 times a month. That’s a lot of management….you have to stay on top of it. We need a lot of hustle & hospitality from you.
- Details, Details, Details -- Our business is all about details. Every booking is filed, recorded, added to client calendars and part of our master system. We even manage travel expenses. You become a part of all your client’s teams while still working in our office. We’re fun, but organization is key to our collective success. A sleight of the hand on the calendar could have someone at the wrong airport on the wrong day. That’s not Savanti-style!
MORE ABOUT YOU - BE THIS PERSON
You are a seasoned travel advisor, and have worked as a travel advisor and/or travel agent before. You know the ins and outs of getting people where they need to go.
- Customer-Centered: you know good customer service, and you always strive to provide the most amazing experience.
- Travel Lover: Everyone wants to travel the world, but we’re looking for someone who knows how to do it smartly & cost effectively while enjoying bits of luxury.
- People Love You: yes, your parents love you, but does everyone else? We need that guy or gal.
- Problem Solver: Smart is sexy. We like smart! You need to be somebody that looks for solutions before you complain about the problem.
- Fast Learner: The travel business can seem archaic, but it’s not. We’ll teach you, but you need to be able to pick up fast.
- Internet/Computer Ninja: You’ve got to be able to move between a lot of tabs and excel and CRM really fast. Time is of the essence for our clients & that great business class deal.
- Passionate: You’ll be working with passionate travelers & entrepreneurs. We need someone that is excited to wake up in the morning, service our clients and excited to be a part of our team. BIG Bonus points if you know how to use the GDS (preferably Sabre) to book flights and/or hotels.
WHO ARE WE
A growing team who has over 30+ years of startup, travel, event and web commerce experience. Heard of these companies? Lonely Planet, The Points Guy, Live Nation. Atlanta Braves, Red Bull… yep - this ain’t our first rodeo. We've traveled the world and been to all 7 continents, often flying in first and business class for next to nothing. We are customer service-oriented to a fault: our business isn't about travel, it's about taking care of our clients and their every need.
- 3+ years experience as a travel agent and/or travel advisor.
- College degree
- Positive attitude and hunger to learn
- Passion for serving others
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “I’m the Travel Advisor you’re looking for” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please share one recent memorable customer service experience you had. Ask your friends to describe you in three words. What three words rise to the top? (incorporate these words into your cover letter) Include social media handles if you have them (Twitter, Instagram) Attach your resume. We’ll be in touch ASAP. Start Date: January 3, 2017 or sooner