Title: National Accounts Business Specialist
Department: Agency Sales
Strategic agency business development in inside sales support and coordination role working with VP, Director of National Accounts, Manager Inside Sales and A&K overseas offices (DMCs) with specific focus on Consortia, National Accounts, 100 Club/Connoisseurs Club, and Advisory Board agencies. Agency relationship management includes sales visit and event/tradeshow/DMC roadshow planning and strategy, administration of events/tradeshows/roadshows and sales follow up, regular monthly and ad hoc reporting, and some consortia-related travel arrangements. Includes oversight of agency database for A&K.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop full strategy and coordinate and plan agency, tradeshow, meeting and agent/client events for National accounts, consortia and DMCs (in conjunction with VP and Director, National Accounts)
- Develop sales lead follow up materials in conjunction with marketing and handle marketing promotional requests for Key National Accounts and Consortia.
- Oversee seamless A&K USA/ A&K DMC plan for all consortia trade shows, meetings and events including all aspects of preparation from development of working budget, determination and development of marketing materials (in conjunction with marketing), arrangement of tradeshow materials and deliveries, registration and invoicing. This includes multiple regional consortia meetings, a minimum of 3 DMC roadshows per year and the annual Virtuoso and Signature tradeshows including coordination for 16 overseas A&K offices and multiple events for each meeting.
- Responsible for the coordination and planning of biennial 100 Club meeting (in conjunction with Manager, Agency Sales), with specific responsibility for assisting the VP Sales with management of all major supplier sponsors.
- Plan annual Summer Sales meeting for sales team as well as annual visits for sales directors to headquarters office to meet with all internal departments.
- Assist the VP Sales with management of all Advisory Board related activities including quarterly calls, sales visits, agendas, annual national and international meetings and coordination of meetings/calls
- Provide strategic sales analysis for both USA and DMC Agency sales for quarterly reviews with Key accounts, consortia and DMC teams. Ad hoc reports required to strategize on growing dormant accounts or sales regions.
- Management and oversight of agency sales database in conjunction with inside sales support team managing their own regional databases.
- Work with Marketing team and VP/National Accounts SD to do annual override contracts, marketing plans and official annual agreement letters to key accounts and 100 Club agencies.
- Provide resolution of Guest Relations issues by communicating between agents and Guest Relations and/or DMCs.
- Educational Study Tour development and ROI analysis. Work as the department lead with Product Development team to design 8-10 annual Educational Study Tours. Work with Sales Directors in marketing, vetting applications, booking and follow up to agents on Educational Study Tours.
- Provide sales support and back-up to the Director, National Accounts and Vice President of Sales. Provide telephone coverage as needed to assist them when they are in the field on sales calls or at consortia meetings.
- Travel logistics support for the National Sales Director and Vice President of Sales when travelling with DMCs or to consortia meetings.
- Creation and submission of monthly expense reports for the National Sales Director and Vice President of Sales.
- Final editing and submission of all monthly sales team reports to Vice President of Sales for distribution to A&K globally.
- Ad hoc revenue reports as requested by Agency owners/managers
- Assist Retail Agency Sales Manager with management of TOC/DMC Roadshows as needed
- Follow up with agent attendees to events and assessment of ROI through sales analysis
- Contact Travel Agents to collect missing information to complete RFPs for sales leads to Director, National Accounts and VP Agency Sales
- Processing of invoices, billing/recharges and budget tracking of expenses.
- Reservations System and Database support and administration as needed by VP sales and Regional Sales Directors
- Assist Manager, Agency Sales with budget oversight and management
- Provide assistance for additional Sales Directors in the field as required
- Special projects or other related duties as required
Skills and Abilities
- Strong multi-tasking skills and flexibility required
- Strong sales support philosophy required
- Strong relationship building skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Accuracy with sales analysis, database entry and other tasks involving excellent knowledge of Excel, Salesforce and ability to learn our internal reservations systems
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and within specified deadlines
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and phone demeanor
- Excellent computer skills required (Microsoft Office) and ability to quickly master new technologies
- Knowledge of Internet search engines
- Must read/write/speak English
- Writing and Excel test will be required
Will need to have knowledge, skills and abilities in the areas of:
- Proper telephone etiquette and sales techniques
- Writing skills
- Accounting and costing protocol and procedures
- Global geography
- A&K DMCs and Third Party Suppliers
- Travel industry consortia and partnerships
Education and Experience
- Travel School or college degree preferred
- High School diploma required
- Relevant travel industry experience preferred
- Event Management experience preferred
- Evening and weekend availability may be required occasionally
HOW TO APPLY