PLEASE APPLY HERE OR: http://www.metowe.com/about-us/careers/?cc=show&id=6477966
Are you a person who enjoys challenges and making a difference in the world?
Me to We is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. Through socially conscious and environmentally friendly products and life-changing experiences, Me to We measures the bottom line, not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives we change and the positive social and environmental impact we make. In addition, half of Me to We's net profit is donated to Free The Children and the other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise.
Me to We is seeking a Travel Specialist within the Corporate & Family Division of Me to We. Reporting to the Director of the Office of the CEO, you are an articulate, personable, professional, self-motivated team player with proven past success in and passion for travel sales and client relationship building. You are knowledgeable, and recognize that successful trips have everything to do with the details.
The position is based out of the Me to We Office in Toronto (225 Carlton Street) with an immediate start date. There is a probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistance Program.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
Special Experiences Channel Lead (40%)
- Maintain an up-to-date account of your team’s sales, pipeline, activities, and closes, reporting insights to the Director weekly.
- Develop the Special Experiences Annual Plan with input from the Director, and report progress against the annual plan regularly.
- Execute the department’s sales strategy, tracking results and having an ability to quickly develop creative new strategies in an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Daily check-ins with the Engagement Manager, Special Experience, to manage the progress of trip files, ensuring that all files and to-dos are completed in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Provide structured feedback and coaching, listen in on calls, create sales training, and mentor staff to ensure they meet or exceed goals – create a positive sales culture within the team.
- Liaise with other departments, including the Executive office and Business Development, to generate leads and strengthen pipeline, maintain quality control with internal and external leads.
- Ensuring all steps of the engagement process and diligent use of our client management tool Salesforce.
- Drive the creation of necessary marketing materials.
Corporate and Family Trips Engagement (60%)
- Prepare customized trip and travel experiences for clients, including customized itineraries,
- costing, and enhancements/add-ons (additional safaris, coastal visits, etc.)
- Primary focus will be on expanding business and building and maintaining relationships.
- Build customized itineraries and extensions based on client needs.
- Respond to leads, engage on the phone and via email to meet individual and team annual sales targets.
- Maintain a consistently high standard of customer engagement and relationship building with
- maturity and professionalism, focusing on high-touch relationships and meaningful conversation.
- Sell flights and insurance.
- Prepare handover documentations for trip fulfillment coordinators such that the level of service you have established can be maintained throughout trip registration and in country.
- Record keeping in Salesforce is a must.
- Host presentations and attend events (We Days in particular) and speaking engagements for the purpose of networking and promoting Me to We Trips (may include some evenings, weekends and travel); have the opportunity to cultivate new prospects especially in the group segment.
- Establish customer satisfaction and loyalty with our existing clients through post-trip follow up, supporting travelers through continued engagement with Me to We and Free The Children, and seeking referrals for future trips engagement.
- Consistently look for and execute on opportunities to cross sell other Me to We products and services.
- Find personal satisfaction in activities and responsibilities available in the job; enjoying the essence of sales work, embracing and cultivating the Me to We culture.
- Answer client questions ongoing prior to trip departure.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in the travel industry
- Personal passion for travel and travel consulting in particular
- A proven affinity for selling
- Strong communication skills, oral and written- you understand that the best communicators are also the best listeners
- Formal presentation skills
- The ability to work to deadlines, and to time-manage and multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- An instinct for team playing and the desire to be part of a successful, hardworking, results- oriented and supportive team
- An engaging personality both over the phone and in person
- The ability to be flexible- some evenings and weekends will be required
- A proven ability to succeed with minimal supervision- be a self- starter able to time-manage and multi-task
- Strong ability to think creatively
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational ability
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat; knowledge of Salesforce is an asset
- Willingness to obtain TICO certification (if candidate has not yet been certified)
What makes Me to We unique…
Me to We is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Me to We is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Me to We sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.