INTERNATIONAL Travel Consultant
Are you a person who enjoys challenges and making a difference in the world?
Me to We is a new kind of social enterprise for people who want to help change the world with their daily choices. Through our media, products and leadership experiences, we support Free The Children‘s work with youth creating global change. Every trip, t-shirt, song, book, speech, thought, smile and choice adds up to a lifestyle that’s part of the worldwide movement of we.
Me To We is seeking a talented and motivated International Travel Consultant (known internally as an Engagement Specialist) to join the Corporate and Family Engagement team. As a personable, travel-trained and sales-driven individual, you will join an elite team of skilled professionals dedicated to maintaining and expanding Me to We’s unique Volunteer Adventure program to Kenya, India and Ecuador. You understand the value of respectful knowledge-based selling and enjoy building relationships with a discerning and socially conscientious demographic. Most of all you understand that the Me to We travel experience begins with you, and is an important connection point to an emerging or ongoing relationship with Free The Children, Me to We’s charity partner.
There is a three (3) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistance Program. The position is based out of Me to We's office in Toronto (225 Carlton Street).
Proportion of Time Spent 80%
- Primary focus will be on expanding the Adult and Family Travel line of business.
- Manage and take responsibility for the entire sales process.
- Responding to leads generated through targeted marketing.
- Engage on the phone and via email to meet individual and team annual sales targets.
- Prepare customized trip and travel experiences for clients, including customized itineraries, costing, and enhancements/add-ons (additional safaris, coastal visits, etc.).
- Prepare handover documentations for trip fulfillment coordinators such that the level of service you have established can be maintained throughout trip registration and in country.
- Record keeping in Salesforce.
- Embracing and cultivating the Me to We culture.
Recording Weekly Progress:
Proportion of Time Spent 10%
- Record all steps of the engagement process utilizing our client management tool - Salesforce, reporting progress weekly.
- Consistently using Salesforce reporting as a tool to measure goals, success and personal progress.
Proportion of Time Spent: 10%
- Liaise closely with Coordination team to pass on relevant client information for a successful trip experience.
- General trip operations following sale of trip: i.e. confirmation of bookings, processing payments, obtaining registration paperwork from trip participants, etc.
- Answer client FAQs ongoing prior to trip departure.
- Ensure proper post-trip follow up is completed, in particular collection of referrals and re-engagement in additional Free The Children and Me to We opportunities, to establish long-term relationships with the organization.
- Review post-trip reports and debriefs.
- Host presentations and attend events and speaking engagements for the purpose of cultivating prospects and promoting Me to WeTrips
You are an articulate, self-motivated team player with proven past success in travel sales and client relationship building. You are knowledgeable, recognize that successful trips have everything to do with the details, and you possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or direct industry experience.
- Previous sales experience, and a proven affinity for selling.
- A personal passion for travel in general and travel sales or account management.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written- and you understand that the best communicators are also the best listeners.
- The ability to work with tight deadlines.
- An instinct for team playing and the desire to be part of a successful, hardworking, results- oriented and supportive team.
- Previous successful sales experience specifically with telephone and inside sales, outbound calling, etc.
- A proven ability to succeed with minimal supervision- be a self- starter able to time-manage and multi-task.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational ability.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat; knowledge of Salesforce is an asset.
- Willingness to obtain TICO certification (if candidate has not yet been certified).
What makes Me to We unique…
Me to We is filled with passionate, driven, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists. This means we work hard, set high goals and exceed them to help empower youth to change the world.
If you are inspired by collaboration, making friendships with incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days, and if your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Me to We sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.