Manager, Ecuador Trips
Are you a person who enjoys challenges and making a difference in the world?
Me to We is a new kind of social enterprise for people who want to help change the world with their daily choices. Through our media, products and leadership experiences, we support Free The Children‘s work with youth creating global change. Every trip, t-shirt, song, book, speech, thought, smile and choice adds up to a lifestyle that’s part of the worldwide movement of we.
Me to We is seeking an experienced full-time Ecuador Trips Manager to join our team in Ecuador. The Ecuador Trips Manager will be responsible for the overall programming and itineraries of our youth and adult guests, managing the educational experience of trips to Ecuador – including the coordination and logistics efforts to make them a success. Additionally, the Ecuador Trips Manager will be responsible for Risk Management for all of our visitors, primarily those in Quito and Chimborazo. All of our visitors come to volunteer on Free The Children projects in the area. Our programs are very different than the usual travel program that visitors to Ecuador participate in.
Our program focus is on volunteering in meaningful community projects and empowering our community partners through unique interactions with our volunteers. The majority of our groups are teenagers who want to expand their global vision and give back to the global community. As such, many of them are minors and their safety is our number priority. Our trips focus on keeping our participants safe and empowering them through workshops, providing them with the knowledge and tools they need to go home and continue making an impact in the communities that they visit.
The successful candidate will have visited the website of our charity partner, Free The Children, and will feel a passionate connection with our mission of empowering youth around the world to create change.
There is a 3 month probationary period. The position will be based in Quito but require frequent travel primarily to Chimborazo and periodically to Napo province, home to Minga Lodge. When travelling outside of Quito, room and board are compensated by Me to We.
This position requires a high level of intensity and focus during our busy trip season, March through August.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Ecuador Trips Manager
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working with a team in developing and implementing all itineraries, activities, programs and workshops
- Developing engaging activities that will allow our guests to learn about and experience the work of Adopt a Village on and off the build-site
- Designing and implementing special programming for VIP and Corporate & Family visitors and guests requiring unique and specialized experiences that still serve the ultimate goals of Me to We trips
- Managing a team of in-country and fly-in facilitators to ensure their delivery of an exciting, empowering, educational and safe volunteer trip experience that completes all of the requirements set out in Me to We’s Standard Operation Procedures
- Assist in the hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of permanent and seasonal programming staff
- Manage the pre and post trip coordination with facilitators, including pre-trip briefings and prep work and post-trip evaluations and follow-up
- Work directly with trip suppliers (Ex. hotels, transportation services, airlines and restaurants) in the coordination of trips prior to arrival
- Coordination, scheduling, program development, training and quality control with guides, in country facilitators and suppliers
- Developing and disseminating trip itineraries with the Toronto office
- Annual and quarterly planning and budgeting in coordination with the Associate Director of Me to We, Ecuador and the Ecuador Country Director
- Liaising with our Amazon Lodge program Manager and the Assistant Manager to coordinate the arrival of youth and adult groups to the Amazon,
- Serve as the main point of contact for risk management and quality control for Chimborazo programs – as such is required to be in Chimborazo when groups are present
- Work directly with local staff and suppliers in Chimborazo to ensure all special dietary, rooming configurations and customer service standards are achieved
- Maintaining the 24 hour emergency phone for extended periods and thus being the first point of contact in assessing minor & major risk management and customer service cases
- Responding effectively to multiple emergencies, whether it be directly on the ground or through coaching other staff members
- Serve as on the ground support to participants needing medical attention at clinics and/or hospitals
- Periodically facilitating both youth and adult trips in Chimborazo and/or Amazon
- Championing our organizational culture and embodying the core values of Me to We and Free the Children
- Working cooperatively as part of a dynamic team as well as independently
- Representing Me To We with a high level of professionalism, passion and dedication
- Minimum 2 years experience working with Me to We
- Studies or expeirence in Education, Leadership Training, Risk Management or equivalent
- Experience facilitating Me to We volunteer trips
- English & Spanish working knowledgefluency
- Highly competent in the use of Microsoft Excel and other Office software including SalesForce
- Calm under situations of extreme pressure that involve the safety of others
- Ability to manage multiple high-stress, high impact, time sensitive situations at the same time
- Ability to build strong and professional relationships with both those that work within the organization and other companies we work closely with
- Experience working with youth
- Experience managing a high-functioning team and successfully delegating detailed responsibilities
- Strong customer service skills, ability to work professionally with adults and organizational stakeholders
- Experience developing educational programming for youth and adults
- Experience training staff members and colleagues
- Flexible and adaptable, especially in regards to work schedules.
- First Aid and CPR training an asset but not required at time of employment. First Aid must be renewed immediately upon expiry and kept up to date once received.
- Driver’s license an asset, but not required
- Ability to adapt to new responsibilities as protocol and role evolves
- Flexibility in working long hours, evenings, weekends and holidays
What makes Me to We unique…
Me to We is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Me to We is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Me to We sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.