Director, Customer Service & Travel Operations
Are you a person who enjoys challenges and making a difference in the world?
Me to We is a new kind of social enterprise for people who want to help change the world with their daily choices. Through our media, products and leadership experiences, we support Free The Children‘s work with youth creating global change. Every trip, t-shirt, song, book, speech, thought, smile and choice adds up to a lifestyle that’s part of the worldwide movement of we.
Me to We seeks a Director of Customer Service & Travel Operations. The goal of the department is to ensure we provide excellence in service to all of our clients, ensuring the safety & quality of our service are our top priorities. Each year, the department works closely with approximately 4000+ parents, educators & youth who are interested in traveling overseas on volunteer trips.
The responsibility of the team begins with support in the planning and logistics of the trip (flights, visas, application forms, passports, safety questions, etc.) and continues through to their post-trip experience (collecting feedback, evaluating impact, managing issues, etc.).
The success of the Me to We Coordination Team is measured by the safety, quality and efficiency of each program in the department. The programs include: Youth trips, School trips, Partnership trips, Take Action Camp, and Leadership Programs. The Me to We Team seeks a strong leader who will continually strengthen these objectives and strive for constant improvement of these life-changing experiences for Me to We participants.
There is a three (3) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program. The position is based out of Me to We’s office in Toronto (225 Carlton Street).
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Responsible for the department vision, structure, and innovations
- Responsible for annual strategic department planning, including submission of tri-annual department performance analysis
- Proactively manages changes in strategy, identifies potential crises, devises contingency plans and communicates these to the management team
- Responsible for customer service team focused on supporting parents, youth & educators with all pre-trip planning and logistics including flights, visas, application forms, passports, safety questions, etc.
- Develop customer service strategies to meet the goal of providing excellence in service to our 4000+ travelers each year, and ensure they are repeat travelers with Me to We
- Analyze customer satisfaction scores, net promoter scores, retention rates, etc. to determine department strategy
- Develop metrics for performance to determine success of department initiatives and programs
- Determine incentives for the team to strive towards excellence in service
- Analyze the efficiency of the department, and develops tools and initiatives to improve quality and efficiency
- Responsible for the safety of participants on our domestic and international programs
- Resolve issues as they arise both proactively & reactively in consultation with senior executive team as needed
- Analyze issues with the goal of decreasing the number of items that could have been mitigated proactively
- Oversee the staff managing the 24 hour on-call Emergency Phone
- Develop and update risk assessment documentation
- Work with consultants responsible for external assessment and support of the safety of our programs
- Advise on the development of PR communication plans
- Provide weekly report to senior executive team on accounts receivable for 4 programs
- Ensure accuracy of reconciliation among coordination department, accounting and sales teams
- Ensure accuracy of reporting to both internal and external stakeholders and develop initiatives to minimize human error
- Maintain processes with flights team that increase accuracy and decrease financial penalties
- Work with the Trip Operations team and Country teams to develop itineraries for our programs
- Oversee the inventory management, ordering process & shipment of all trip resources (books, journals, first aid supplies, safety supplies, etc.)
- Research and establish new systems and/or processes to create efficiency and quality in the department
- Further develops our online trip planning system, the Me to We Experiences Portal. Anticipates the needs of our audiences and outlines plans for the system to meet those needs
- Oversee relationship with Insurance providers
- Responsible for camp seasonal planning which includes budget management, logistics planning, and liaising with leadership team, engagement team, and centre maintenance team
- Oversee the Me to We Leadership Centre property. Work with Property Manager on maintenance and problem solving for the property
Human Resources & Staff Management
- Foster a sense of community among the team members within the context of our organizational core values
- This is a large team at Me to We and consists of 1 Director, 3 Associate Directors, 7 Managers, and 12 Coordinators
- Host regular check-ins with Associate Directors to provide on-going support and help problem solve challenges
- Ensure Associate Directors are seeking the highest level of quality and efficiency of work from Managers
- Coach and motivate team members, and influences them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Provide direction, leadership, and coordination for a wide-range of projects
Skills & Qualifications:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor degree or Master’s degree in a related field
- Professional experience in a leadership role within a client care and/or customer service field
- Proven ability to problem solve and multi-task during high-stress situations
- Sound judgment, decision-making and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, highly organized, and demonstrated professionalism
- Personal values that match Me to We and FTC core values
- Experience working with basic word processing (e.g., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel) and CRM systems (Salesforce).
- Has valid driver’s license
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
What makes Me to We unique…
Me to We is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Me to We is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Me to We sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
PLEASE APPLY AT: http://www.metowe.com/about-us/careers/?cc=show&id=6832245