Posted: March 2018
Position: Travel Coordinator
Job Location: New York City
Local Foreigner is a boutique consultancy specializing in high-end curated travel. From the bespoke to the basic, we guide our clients on everything from a weekend in Paris to an expedition to Patagonia. Our mission is to serve as trusted tastemakers who curate authentic experiences and connect discerning travelers with passionate locals. The Local Foreigner brand represents a warm, worldly sophistication with curator’s keen attention detail, and we believe it is crucial for everyone behind the brand to represent these qualities.
We are searching for a Travel Coordinator. The ideal candidate is a smart, super- organized, intuitive communicator who thrives in a fast-paced forward-thinking environment. This candidate shares our passion and belief that travel is a source of inspiration, renewal, and joy. The Travel Coordinator will provide day-to-day support for a small team of Local Foreigner’s Travel Consultants. Responsibilities include building itineraries, crafting emails, performing hotel rate checks, arranging concierge services, corresponding with suppliers, and building relationships with our trusted supplier network and clientele.
As Local Foreigner is a small business in early phase development, it is crucial for the candidate to be a team player and willing to provide support in all areas of the business. At the same time, we seek a dynamic candidate with excellent growth potential who finds fulfillment in building a business and evolves with our company over the long-term. This is a unique opportunity to enter the high-end travel industry and work closely with a highly-experienced team.
- Support Local Foreigner Partners in writing eloquent descriptions and emails to clients
- Research destination, culinary & activity recommendations
- Correspond with suppliers (hotels, operators & independent guides) to coordinate bespoke travel arrangements
- Liaise with hotel concierges to make dining, entertainment & ground transportation reservations
- Create and keep client travel documents such as itineraries and invoices updated
- Track your and your travel consultant’s weekly time on client trips through an online tracking system
- Entry of data into our CRM (trip feedback, scouting reports, account/client information, etc.)
- Work in conjunction with Operations Coordinator for seamless execution
- Learn and use tools including Salesforce, InDesign and Sabre
- Upon 6-month and 1-year review of training, Coordinator will be eligible for the following benefits to enhance their career:
- Participate in the idea generation and implementation of side projects to support Local Foreigner’s cautious, deliberate growth.
- Attend in-office meetings, evening events on behalf of Local Foreigner
- Travel on FAM, staff-planned scouting
- New York Based
- Bachelor’s degree (Degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or relevant field will be considered an asset)
- Proven experience in customer service or hospitality background will be considered a plus
- International travel experience & extensive knowledge of world geography
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, creative writing a plus
- Ability to present, persuade and communicate effectively
- Able to handle stress and remain calm
- Team player, able to work collaboratively and within groups
- Strong work ethic who identifies opportunities to take on more
- Proactive and resourceful; an intuitive problem-solver
- Detail-oriented and excellent time-management and organizational skills with ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Positive attitude with passion for travel, and a reflection of Local Foreigner’s brand ethos
- Quick-learning, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Tech-Savvy, proficient with MS Office Excel & Instagram
- Knowledge of Sabre, Adobe InDesign & Sales Force will be considered a plus
- Salary of $40,000-45,000
- Health Care Plan (Medical)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- 15 days of Paid Time Off, 10 annual holidays, 4 religious floating holidays
- Training & Development
- Benefits are subject to change without notice.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org