Position: Travel Coordinator
Job Location: New York City
Local Foreigner is a boutique consultancy specializing in high-end curated travel. From the bespoke to the basic, we guide our clients on everything from a weekend in Paris to an expedition to Patagonia. Our mission is to serve as trusted tastemakers who curate authentic experiences and connect discerning travelers with passionate locals. The Local Foreigner brand represents a warm, worldly sophistication with curator’s keen attention detail, and we believe it is crucial for everyone behind the brand to represent these qualities.
We are searching for a Travel Coordinator. The ideal candidate is a smart, super- organized, intuitive communicator who thrives in a fast-paced forward-thinking environment. This candidate shares our passion and belief that travel is a source of inspiration, renewal, and joy.
The Travel Coordinator will provide day-to-day support for a small team of Local Foreigner’s Travel Consultants. Responsibilities include building itineraries, crafting emails, performing hotel rate checks, arranging concierge services, corresponding with suppliers, and building relationships with our trusted supplier network and clientele.
As Local Foreigner is a small business in early phase development, it is crucial for the candidate to be a team player and willing to provide support in all areas of the business. At the same time, we seek a dynamic candidate with excellent growth potential who finds fulfillment in building a business and evolves with our company over the long-term. This is a unique opportunity to enter the high-end travel industry and work closely with a highly-experienced team.
- Excellent communication skills. Can interact at all levels - from demanding, discerning clients to the concierge - with gravitas and finesse
- A natural inclination for client service
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Proactive and resourceful; an intuitive problem-solver
- Strong work ethic who identifies opportunities to take on more
- Positive attitude with passion for travel, and a reflection of Local Foreigner’s brand ethos
- Quick-learning, tech-savvy, and able to work in a fast-paced environment; skills and experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (ideal, not required), Social Media outlets Instagram and Facebook.
- Knowledge of world geography
- Prior experience in sales or customer service role preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Receive tasks from Travel Consultants
- Corresponding with suppliers (hotels, operators & independent guides) to coordinate bespoke travel arrangements
- Handling concierge requests including dining, entertainment & ground transportation
- Learning, mastering, and utilitzing our tools including Salesforce and Sabre
- Assembling and creating client travel documents using InDesign.
- Destination research
- Writing eloquent descriptions, concise emails, and translating experiences across cultures.
- Working in conjunction with Operations Coordinator for seamless execution
- Participating in the idea generation, strategy and project implementation to support Local Foreigner’s cautious, deliberate growth.
- Local Foreigner office hours are Monday-Friday, 9:30am to 6:30pm. *There are seasonal periods where longer hours may be necessary.
- 12 Annual Observed holidays: New Years Day, MLK Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving (and day after), Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve.
- Cover Letter
- Questions to be returned when applying:
- Provide three examples of your prior work and life experience that you believe will be most valuable in this role.
- Why is travel important to you?
- What are you looking for in an employer?
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com