Position: Business Development Manager
Job Location: Hoboken, New Jersey
KAI is seeking a passionate, knowledgeable, enthusiastic professional to help promote and grow our award-winning portfolio.
KAI is a dynamic sales & marketing representation company specializing in the promotion of long haul international travel. We’ve spent the last 22 years connecting our award winning portfolio of suppliers with the top travel professionals in the North American trade. Our portfolio consists of upmarket safari lodges, amazing resorts, exceptional hotels, a luxury train, a superior cruise line and a collection of innovative inbound tour operators. We spend our days collaborating on how to grow their marketshare from the US & Canada. Everyone has their role but being a small team it’s often all hands on deck. We love what we do and we have fun doing it!
We are looking to add a new team member to help build even stronger support within the travel trade community. We believe that travel is all about stories; if you want to work at KAI you must be able to tell a story and also write one.
KAI believes in the motto Work Hard, Play Hard – our team is incredibly collaborative (when we’re all in the office that is) so we’re seeking an outgoing, smart, diligent individual to add to the mix.
The Black & White:
What you’ll do:
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with existing partners
- Find new travel agencies and tour operators to work with our clients, the KAI Collection
- Prepare monthly reports on market trends and sales activities
- Give presentations at travel offices throughout North America
- Organize small events throughout the year
- Attend trade shows
- Assist clients with logistics of sales visits (scheduling meetings, booking air/hotel, etc)
- Help maintain and grow our database
- Pitch in with social media
What you’ll need:
- Must be a fast learner
- Ability to multi-task is key
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- MUST be a team player and willing to assist colleagues with projects
- Looking for someone with experience working in travel
- Must be willing to travel up to 40% of the year
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- MUST BE PASSIONATE ABOUT TRAVEL
If you think you’re a good fit for KAI and would like to learn more please contact David Kartagener @ 212.239.7979 or firstname.lastname@example.org.