Title: Travel Manager for Israel & Overseas
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia seeks a TRAVEL MANAGER FOR ISRAEL AND OVERSEAS to create meaningful travel experiences to Israel and other destinations for donors and other stakeholders of the Jewish Federation.
THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU…IF….
- You have serious attention to detail, have planned conferences and conventions and love to work with people
- You are a stickler for finishing touches, a multi-tasker, and work well with many different personalities
- Time zones don't deter you
Major responsibilities for this position include:
- Work with colleagues and volunteers to plan and implement travel with purpose for a wide variety of groups
- Build a comprehensive missions calendar to represent engagement tactics representing different cohorts across the community
- Work in partnership with colleagues to engage and recruit participants and/or to prepare participants traveling with the Jewish Federation
- Work closely with appropriate Jewish Federation departments, manage all aspects of each trip including but not limited to: logistics, marketing, billing
- Work with numerous trip providers and funded partner organizations to ensure that missions create impact
- Work with VIP’s and community members to help coordinate personal Israel travel
- Create opportunities for engagement with Jewish Federation funded projects or partners when individuals or organizations are traveling to Israel or abroad on their own
- Coordinate and manage Birthright Israel registration, providing VIP services for donors who have children applying to Birthright Israel
Successful candidates will have the following skills, abilities and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and 5+ years relevant work experience
- Previous experience in planning Israel or other group travel including experience working with tour operators
- Extremely well-organized team player who is and detail oriented and a multi-tasker
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Self-starter who can take initiative while collaborating with others across the organization and beyond
- Experience planning, managing and executing all aspects of projects, programs and events both large and small
- Willingness and flexibility to attend meetings and programs outside of standard working hours
- Ability to travel with approximately two to three 7 to 10 day international trips a year
- Familiarity with Jewish holidays and traditions
- Valid passport with the ability to travel to and from the US and Israel
If you are interested in being considered for this position please send a resume and a brief letter detailing your qualifications and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia's mobilizes financial and volunteer resources to address the communities’ most critical priorities locally, in Israel and around the world.