Position: Leader for our National Independent Contractor Hosting and Leisure Businesses
Job Location: Montrose (Los Angeles area), California
MTravel is an award-winning host agency, one of the many business streams owned by the prestigious Corporate Travel Management Group (CTM). MTravel is the ideal match for business-minded independent travel professionals. With 45 years of hosting expertise, MTravel helps advisors achieve success beyond their individual scope by providing deeply personal support, unmatched online booking technology and access to frontline travel-selling experience and modern techniques.
Allure Travel by CTM is our global leisure brand and has been named North America’s Leading Travel Agency for the past several years, providing leisure travel planning services to customers nationwide.
CTM is an award-winning provider of innovative and cost-effective travel management solutions to the corporate market. CTM is an ASX:200 corporation, with current market capitalization exceeding $1 billion. The company employs over 750 FTE in North America and 2,200 FTE staff globally and maintains a global administrative base in Australia. CTM thinks globally, but acts locally by serving clients in 82 countries, including owned operations across Australia, Asia, North America, Europe and New Zealand.
MTravel and Allure Travel by CTM are in search of a motivated, innovative, confident, committed leader for our national independent contractor hosting and leisure businesses. To be successful in this role, you must have the ability to understand the overall financial and operational requirements of the business units (both B2B and B2C), effectively lead and inspire the team, work collaboratively with accepting ownership and accountability for the team and overall company success, understand and deploy technologies, understand marketing campaigns to generate sales inquiries, build supplier relationships and overall brand awareness. Having the confidence to lead and develop a team together with your drive to succeed will see you quickly develop into an integral member of the overall CTM organization.
To lead, build and maintain an efficient, operational infrastructure and team to support the profitable growth of MTravel’s hosting service and Allure Travel by CTM’s leisure business units while providing a timely, consistent level of quality customer service to our mutual clients making it pleasurable for our customers to do business with us.
MTravel (independent contractor hosting):
To attract and retain business-minded independent contractors who need the services of a host agency
To continue to evolve the quality of the overall experience our independent contractors have with our hosting service
To build the operational infrastructure for the MTravel Business Development/Support Team to support our unit’s budgeted profitable growth
To provide the support and nurturing necessary for our independent contractors to grow a successful business through MTravel
Allure Travel by CTM (leisure):
Strategically drive growth of our leisure business through on-line marketing and cross sell to Corporate Travel Management (CTM) and Event Travel Management (ETM) customers
Drive repeat and referral business through excellent customer service and competitive product offerings.
- Develop business plans complete with goals, strategies and key performance measures (KPIs)
- Deliver annual budgeted TTV, revenue, revenue/FTE, profit growth and approved initiatives. Allocate resources, review progress and make modifications as necessary to achieve KPIs.
- Maintain consistent excellent service quality in all that we do by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Develop, regularly communicate with and motivate management and staff
- Drive employee engagement: set the tone by promoting a team player attitude and a positive work environment
- Demonstrate best practices and support accountability at each level of the operation
- Build operational, technological and process excellence in a complex environment. Help lead the integration and standardization of seven legacy company systems, processes and people in North America.
- Proactively build positive supplier and Virtuoso relationships and assist in negotiating annual agreements
- Manage and build relationships with internal stakeholders and independent contractors
- Maximize in-house agent productivity and success by developing sales skills, product knowledge, quality and customer service skills
- Work with managers to develop, manage and motivate in-house staff to defined goals
- Work with managers and training department to identify weaknesses and training needed for individual agents. Ensure agents are properly trained and coached to be successful.
- Know and encourage use of all the tools available to maximize revenue (eg. preferred suppliers, Virtuoso programs, block cruise space, airline contracts, hotel programs, etc.)
- Build brand awareness of MTravel and Allure Travel by CTM
- Represent MTravel and Allure Travel by CTM in the travel industry, networking events and build relationships on a professional basis to increase brand awareness
The ideal candidate for this position will possess most, if not all, of the following skills and competencies:
- Degree Qualified or Equivalent Senior Experience in the Travel Industry
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Disciplined, strategic, critical thinker that can also execute the detail
- Relationship/team builder
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment with the ability to see how to optimally put the puzzle pieces together
- 5+ years of host agency and/or leisure travel operations best practice and leadership experience
- 3+ years of Sabre/Apollo, ClientBase, Umapped, and other travel related technology experience preferred
- Previous leisure travel industry relationships and general destination knowledge
- Ability to communicate and motivate using strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to set and meet goals and objectives
- The proclivity to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with targets and deadlines
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills including strong client facing/interaction skills
- Passion and genuine drive for delivering a positive customer experience
- Driven and achievement oriented
- Ability to break down large project goals into executables and deliver against deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Takes initiative - ability to work largely unsupervised
- Strong computer/tech skills
- Desire for career advancement
MTravel and Allure Travel by CTM offer a comprehensive range of benefits including:-
•Comprehensive medical and dental plans, with Section 125 cafeteria plan (pre-tax)
•Paid employer life insurance
•401(k) Plan with generous employer match
•Performance Incentive Program
•Paid vacation based on longevity
•Discounted travel opportunities
•Recognition and camaraderie building social events
Come join our very successful, progressive and fun Travel Management Company…APPLY NOW.
If you are interested, please email: