Title of Position: National Sales Manager – Market: Northeast Region
Reporting Relationship: VP of Convention Sales & Services and Director of Sales
The promotion of the Greater Boston area as a meeting destination to all markets based in the Northeast region of the United States. Programs for consideration would require greater than 49 rooms on peak night and utilize a member hotel or conference facility.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Focus on solicitation of new business opportunities for Boston area hotels within the Northeast association and corporate markets to include outside sales calls.
- Solicit new meeting business for the Greater Boston area through, but not limited to, personal sales calls, promotional events, tradeshow participation, telemarketing, bid presentations, on- site inspection tours, and social media including Twitter.
- Meet annual sales goals for leads, definite and challenge bookings as established by the VP of Convention Sales & Services.
- Maintain active and accurate account information in CRM
- Attend industry and GBCVB events to further promote the destination and assist with the implementation of department programs including familiarization tours, sales missions, direct mail campaigns, etc. Overnight travel is included.
- Conduct sales missions to specific destinations with hotel sales partners or on own.
- Participate in local/national industry organizations, panels and presentations promoting the services, publications and online capabilities of the GBCVB.
- Assist with training and supervision of coordinators and interns as needed.
- Perform any additional duties as may be assigned by Director of Sales or Vice President of Convention Services and Sales.
- College graduate with minimum three years hotel sales or meeting planning experience preferred.
- Ability to travel and work evenings required.
- Excellent aptitude for organization, responsiveness, and follow-up.
- Knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Good working knowledge of Boston and surrounding area is an asset.
Contact: Maureen Buckley, Director of Sales
Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau
Two Copley Place, Suite 105
Boston, MA 02116