Position: Personal Travel Manager
Job Location: Toronto
Black Tie Travel & Entertainment offers custom travel and entertainment solutions for pre-qualified high net-worth clients through an exclusive membership offered through their wealth management relationships.
These memberships are not available directly to consumers. Since its inception in 2012, the company has seen enormous growth, and is one of Canada’s fastest growing and highest grossing travel and entertainment organizations.
We are committed to delivering exceptional experiences for our discerning clients through building personal relationships with the knowledge that no experience is the same and each dream is unique. Our global knowledge is extended through extensive local expertise which allows us to offer immersive and behind-the-scenes opportunities like no other.
We are steadfastly committed to bringing travel relationships back to the personal “one-on-one” professional experience by following our motto “there’s always more”. Our Personal Travel Managers become familiar with client preferences and travel styles and create personalized travel recommendations, as well as access to sporting, cultural and entertainment events worldwide. In this role, there is always more to learn and with this, we are completely committed to creating a travel service culture predicated on the strength of teamwork both in our office and with our key travel and destination partners around the world.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the client experience, a curiosity about the world, a desire for originality and unwavering intuition to put the customer first. An entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a strong team ethic to deliver the very best experiences for each and every client.
About the Opportunity
A Personal Travel Manager role is both challenging yet rewarding. You will work directly with clients and suppliers across the world. The suppliers include organizations like: airlines, accommodation providers, event specialists and more. Your role is not that of an order taker but as a trusted advisor to the dreams of your clients. No request is ever repeated and no conversation feels like the first.
In this role, you will:
- Build and maintain relationships with high profile clients;
- Proactively maintain client contact, and resolve client issues where required;
- Sell a full range of complex travel products including air, cruise, hotel/resort, land, F.I.T. and rail etc.;
- Create, price and draft complex F.I.T. itineraries anywhere from 3 days to 30+ days of travel;
- Provide exceptional customer service to our high-net-worth clientele on the phone or via email;
- Maintain fully documented passenger reservation records;
- Participate in training sessions (online, in person or via conference calls) on new supplier products and services; and
- Create, suggest, and enhance all travel itineraries for dinner reservations, concert tickets, once in a lifetime experiences and sporting events for clientele.
To qualify for this exciting opportunity, you will need:
- Proficiency in Apollo; Sabre;
- Knowledge of domestic and international destinations;
- A passion for experiential travel and the confidence to make sales;
- Understanding of complicated airfare and itineraries;
- The ability to maintain professional and courteous relationships;
- Ability to multitask and handle high volume;
- High attention to detail and excellent time management skills;
- High level of verbal and written communication skills;
- TICO certification is an asset;
- MCC (Master Cruise Consultant) expertise an asset;
- Experience with high net worth clients and/or experience in the Luxury sector an asset;
- Corporate experience preferred but not required.
In addition to the qualifications above, you must possess strong knowledge of premium tours, hotels and cruise products. Along with drive and determination, you also bring a high level of maturity to the table. This will serve you well as you interact with a client list that includes high-level executives with defined needs.
You are a customer-first person who has a true passion for travel and stays current on new trends/products within the travel industry. You are the type of person who likes to get the job done, without watching a clock, and you are highly accountable working as part of a great team.
This unique role calls for a highly professional travel consultant who enjoys and has excellent communication skills - both in verbal and written environments. You must have excellent time management skills, and you are especially skilled at thinking outside the box to devise solutions to complex problems.
Our most successful Personal Travel Managers have a passion for travel and a confidence to build relationships and make sales. Our Personal Travel Managers work hard and you need to be prepared to go the extra mile for each and every client; and if you do and are successful, the rewards are tremendous!
Black Tie Travel & Entertainment offers a competitive and highly attractive base salary plus commission, giving this opportunity enormous potential for growth.
If you are interested, please reach out to Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org