Account Coordinator, Marketing & Public Relations
ABOUT BANNIKIN TRAVEL AND TOURISM LTD.
Bannikin is a Toronto-based niche travel and tourism consultancy specializing in enhancing the business of small operators, destinations and hotel properties. Our clients excel at delivering top-notch, unique travel experiences but often have limited resources to grow their business. Bannikin identifies and executes solutions relating to Marketing and Media Relations, Travel Trade Representation and Responsible Tourism Development. In short – we provide to a smaller tourism operation what large operators and established destinations have in abundance: highly skilled support.
Bannikin is built on a love for travel, and the great respect of small entrepreneurs who provide the utmost travel experiences in the wildest parts of the planet. In a worn-out, dog-eared copy of the Newfoundland dictionary somewhere, you would discover that Bannikin means simply “small tin cup.” But to us it represents experiencing travel in a real way, with a local perspective.
Coming from all levels of the industry, we know what needs to come together to turn a travel company into the travel company, and a place into a destination.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re on the lookout for an ambitious and team-oriented Marketing & PR Coordinator to join our fast-paced, fun and energetic team! You will help with public relations and marketing, including social media, tasks and responsibilities to support us in delivering Bannikin’s wide array of client services.
Position also involves administration and event planning support. Candidates must be strong writers, very flexible, very self-motivated and very genuinely excited to deliver excellent results for our diverse client roster.
Education and/or experience in travel and tourism, public relations and/or marketing required.
Dependent on experience.
- Assist with public relations campaigns and strategies
- Write content for press releases, media pitches, newsletters, websites, etc.
- Manage media lists
- Special event support
- Monitor and clip client media coverage
- Manage online marketing efforts for multiple clients with varying markets,
- budgets and goals
- Manage social media strategy campaign
- Populate client social media channels
- Write and edit blog posts
- Social Media & PR reporting and other admin tasks
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Flexible and adaptable; Bannikin is a small company so we need someone with an ‘all hands on deck’
- Keen interest in online and social media marketing and demonstration of experience using various
- social media platforms and tools such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Strong interest in public relations, digital marketing & the type of work we do
- Motivated self-starter; takes initiative to start projects
- Fast learner
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills
- A passion for travel
- Strong organizational skills/Detail-oriented – can catch typos & will be on top of projects/tasks
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work in a changing environment and the ability to time manage
- extremely well
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in communications, PR, journalism, English or related
- discipline preferred
- Must provide writing samples (ie. press releases, blog posts, etc.)
As soon as possible
HOW TO APPLY
Please send CVs and a short cover letter to email@example.com by January 6, 2017. Don’t forget to tell us how you have demonstrated success to generate results in past work environments!