Position: Senior Operations Associate
Job Location: New York City
Artisans of Leisure is looking for extremely knowledgeable, sophisticated, well-traveled professionals to work in our New York City office.
Ideal applicants will have lived, worked, and/or traveled extensively in international destinations. Applicants should be familiar with the main cultural highlights of a wide range of countries in each region as well as be familiar with a variety of special-interest attractions and activities, including local arts, cuisine, history, customs, luxury hotels and resorts. Travel industry experience is not necessary. An ability to articulate your passion for cultural travel within these destinations is.
Artisans of Leisure is seeking an experienced professional with extreme attention to detail and excellent communication skills for position involving the following responsibilities:
- Communicating with suppliers and vendors on a daily basis
- Proofreading and editing tour materials and documents
- Processing travel documents including visas
- Managing client and office calendars and schedules
- Coordinating vendor payments
- Researching destinations, travel logistics, entry requirements and more
- Maintaining and updating Operations materials and procedures
- Overseeing Operations procedures and communications within the office
- General administrative office duties
- Quality control of documents
- Data entry and database maintenance
- Generation of Excel reports
- Office HR duties
- Other special projects and office tasks
- Extreme attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to take direction as well as be self-motivated and work independently; good team-player
- Aptitude for prioritizing and multi-tasking in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects at one time and prioritize appropriately in order to meet key deadlines
- Ability to interact professionally and confidently with all clients and industry partners
- Ability to learn by experience and pick things up quickly while on the job, as well as to problem solve, research, and find solutions
- Proactive and enthusiastic demeanor, demonstrating willingness and desire to take ownership and do what needs to be done to deliver results
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Prior travel experience and knowledge of our tour destinations a plus.
This position is full-time and based in New York City.
To apply, please submit the following PDFs: a detailed cover letter, resume, and thorough personal travel history.
Submit materials to email@example.com
No calls, please.