Position: Luxury Travel Specialist
Job Location: New York City
Artisans of Leisure is looking for extremely knowledgeable, sophisticated, well-traveled professionals to work in our New York City office.
Ideal applicants will have lived, worked, and/or traveled extensively in international destinations. Applicants should be familiar with the main cultural highlights of a wide range of countries in each region as well as be familiar with a variety of special-interest attractions and activities, including local arts, cuisine, history, customs, luxury hotels and resorts. Travel industry experience is not necessary. An ability to articulate your passion for cultural travel within these destinations is.
We are currently seeking well-traveled, culture-loving individuals for this creative, multi-tasking position involving the following responsibilities:
- Working one-on-one with affluent travelers to customize private international tours based on firsthand travel expertise and experience
- Designing, costing and creating new tours and related materials
- Writing for itineraries, online tour descriptions, our blog and other collateral materials
- Research related to tours and special interests (culture, food, family activities, art, architecture, gardens, historic attractions, etc.)
- Using own initiative to develop new activities, destinations, and partnerships
- Other creative and design projects and sales activities
- Attending events related to travel
- Extensive previous international travel experience in Europe, Asia, Africa and/or South America
- Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail
- Confidence and proven leadership
- Passionate about culture and able to speak from firsthand experience about food, art, culture, history, and what makes a place unique
- Sophisticated interests related to lifestyle (avid reader of upscale lifestyle publications related to travel, food, shopping, art and culture)
- Bright and articulate multi-tasker
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency in creative softwares a plus
This position is full-time and based in New York City.
To apply, please submit the following PDFs: a detailed cover letter, resume, and a thorough personal travel history (including places visited, date and length of trips, favorite places and experiences). Important: Resumes will only be considered if accompanied by a detailed list of prior international travels.
Submit materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls, please.