Job Title & Description:
Arrangements Abroad is a private tour operator focused exclusively on the educational and cultural segments of the travel industry.
Founded in 1977, AAA creates and operates intellectually stimulating programs to more than 50 countries on behalf of premier non-profit institutions, including leading museums and alumni associations.
CLIENT SERVICES ASSOCIATE
Based in New York City, the Client Services Associate is the principal point of contact for sophisticated individual travelers, coordinating their arrangements on an array of high-end domestic and international programs, and regularly interfaces with institutional representatives. Reporting to the Manager of Client Services, this customer service and sales representative is an essential member of a dynamic team whose common goal is to create the very best travel experience for our travelers and sponsors.
- Provide professional and polished customer service to potential and current travelers; take inquiries and respond to customer needs, gather information and research, and deliver detailed and personalized materials in a timely manner.
- Cultivate and follow-up with interested travelers and prospects, including suggesting and implement marketing initiatives to fill programs.
- Project manage 1-4 program departures per month working collaboratively with internal staff and across departments to organize logistics for each program and traveler.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for individuals; including invoicing, data entry, mailings, insurance, visa applications, and flight plans.
- Liaise with sponsor representatives regarding enrollment, important traveler correspondence, tour materials, and other issues that arise.
- Diligently follow-up on payments and missing traveler information.
- Use and maximize our CRM database, ViaTour, to fulfill your above responsibilities.
- Occasionally accompany groups in the field as a junior Tour Director.
Skills and Qualifications:
Verbal and written communication, listening skills, comfort on the phone, customer service, attention to detail, organization, multi-tasking, problem-solving, relationship building, administration, data entry, project management, account management, self motivated, teamwork. Bachelor’s Degree required, interest in Liberal/Fine Arts strongly desired.
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package, including medical/dental/life, a generous company matched retirement savings plan, and more. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a diverse workforce.
How do I apply?
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the name of the position you’re applying for in the subject line. Only local candidates will be considered at this time. We look forward to learning what you will bring to our team!