AFAR Media is looking for a dynamic, strategic, savvy Sales Planner to join our sales team in New York City. A Sales Planner will serve as the frontline support for a dynamic digital and integrated sales organization for a team of sales professionals (Executive Sales Directors and outside sales firms). A large part of the work will be developing digital and integrated media plans that lead to sales campaign success and renewal.
The Sales Planner will be responsible for the pre and post sales process and ensure quality service to our advertisers from reservations and media plan creation as well as post sales activity and reporting. Individual will become knowledgeable in all aspects of the sales process and serve as a team liaison with advertising agencies and clients as well as with internal groups. The Sales Planner will often represent the Sales Directors in following up on questions or requesting information or materials with agencies and accounts.
Success in this role requires strong planning, organizational and people skills. The ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels both internally and within client / agency businesses is essential for successful performance. Attention to detail and the ability to remain calm and focused under pressure and at times high volume of workload are also key capabilities in this role. Strong entrepreneurial spirit and familiarity with a digital media plan is a must.
Good to Know
AFAR is moving quickly, has big plans for the future, and is searching for someone as determined as we are who will thrive in our fast-paced and exciting environment. If you crave constant direction and predictability, this is probably not the media company for you. At AFAR our employees step up, step in, take ownership and wear as many hats as needed to achieve our goals and get the job done.
Sales Planner Responsibilities
- Guide logistical flow of pre- and post-digital and print ad campaigns, interacting on behalf of sales with other departments such as Ad Ops, Marketing, Project Managers, Product and AFAR Editorial teams.
- Provides a “knowledge bridge” between the digital team in Ad Operations and the sales teams
- Support development of RFP process utilizing the full scope of AFAR ad products that strategically address the advertiser’s needs and campaign objectives for both print and digital.
- Build and revise media plans, check avails, reserve fixed placements and update associated inventory reservation calendars.
- Provide regular performance reports for agencies and the sales team detailing click-through, impression levels, on schedule indicators etc.
- Update Salesforce database throughout the sales process with necessary account information.
- Coordinate handoff of digital campaigns to Ad Ops to ensure pre-sale/post-sale continuity.
- Field agency/client requests/questions/complaints and work with the appropriate department to resolve.
- Understand the full suite of AFAR products across all platforms.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Communicate detailed and specific account information to Sales and sales support management.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- 2+ years agency experience as Media Planner or in Ad Operations in online or media agency (preferable)
- Track record of effective data analysis, manipulation and interpretation
To inquire, please reach out to Breanna at Breanna@afar.com
ABOUT AFAR MEDIA
AFAR Media’s mission is to inspire, guide and enable travelers to have richer, deeper and more fulfilling travel experiences. Platforms include AFAR.com, AFAR Mobile, AFAR magazine, AFAR Studios, AFAR Custom, AFAR Experiences, AFAR Journey’s, AFAR Collection and the non-profit foundation Learning AFAR.