Title of Position: Account Manager
AFAR Media is looking for a dynamic, strategic, Account Manager to join our sales team in New York City. This role will be responsible for the generation and growth of online/offline revenue through existing channels - AFAR Magazine and AFAR.com, and for the ideation and implementation of a new digital AFAR Exchange tour operator platform. The ideal candidate has a proven track record in travel or media sales, public relations, project management, and marketing.
We’re looking for an energetic self-starter with a consultative sales approach who is pro-active in driving revenue and increasing client base. Are you organized, driven, proactive and self motivated? Managing the end to end sales process is a requirement. Organization, time management, and attention to detail will be critical to deliver success!
GOOD TO KNOW
AFAR is moving quickly, has big plans for the future, and is searching for someone as determined as we are who will thrive in our fast-paced and exciting environment. If you crave constant direction and predictability, this is probably not the media company for you. At AFAR our employees step up, step in, take ownership and wear as many hats as needed to achieve our goals and get the job done.
• Must be highly motivated and passionate
• Excellent presentation, time management and organizational skills
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Fluency in the latest technologies (digital, social and mobile)
• Self-starter able to solve problems, identify issues and develop solutions
• Strong prospecting, negotiation and closing skills
• Organized, thorough, methodical
• Proven sales and closing success
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment with grace under pressure
• Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships among clients and colleagues
• A love of travel
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com