Title: Tailor Made Product Specialist
Department: Product Development
The Tailor Made Product Specialist supports the product team's work to meet A&K USA's overall strategy and commercial goals in Foreign Independent Travel (FIT). The Tailor Made Product Specialist supports the development of Tailor Made product and itineraries through contracted seasonal pricing to drive revenue. In addition, the Specialist provides operational support for Tailor Made product per specific region. Furthermore, the Specialist provides administrative support to the Product Manager.
Under the direction of the Product Manager and VP of Product Operations, the Tailor Made Product Specialist will lead the development of Tailor Made itineraries for publication with contracted seasonal pricing in order to drive revenue and improve the overall FIT sales process.
- Create Tailor Made booking reports in conjunction with other departments to analyze conversion trends and overall regional revenue
- Provide Tailor Made competitive analysis to support the design, development and pricing of Tailor Made itineraries
- Support Tailor Made journey standards and work with A&K DMCs and third party vendors to ensure standards are understood and met.
- Conduct Tailor Made product research, design, development and pricing to ensure appropriate product positioning, profitability and quality as directed
- Collaborate with local offices to help develop Insider Access and “& Moments” which are specific to the destination
- Assist in facilitating vendor relationships through communication, site visits, product immersion trips, and annual Planning Meetings
- Assist with analyzing and negotiating itemized costs with DMCs and vendors to ensure A&K USA is purchasing at competitive rates
- Work in partnership with Marketing in order to be on time and accurate with Product Calendar deliverables and ensure products are accurately positioned
- Monitor post-travel quality surveys and raise issues and recommendations to the Product Manager and VP of Product Operations
- Partner with RSC Trainer and RSC Managers to develop Tailor Made itinerary training materials and presentations
- Take the lead on engaging the RSC Managers in competitive analysis, conversion trends, and product design
Provide operational support for Tailor Made products
- Collaborate with DMCs, hotel representatives and the Product Manager to help negotiate advertisements in the Worldwide Hotel Portfolio
- Maintain key Tailor Made operational information including third-party operator agreements and hotel contacts
- Create and manage a storage system for additional FIT destination information.
- Collaborate with DMCs and Marketing on maintaining internal support materials including destination cheat sheets, “Why A&K?” and additional product to “upsell” bookings
- Partner with DMCs to provide additional product information and additional destination training for Travel Consultants
- Assist Product Manager with quality assurance processes for Tailor Made products
- Partner with the RSC and Marketing to maintain and update Tailor Made Blocks
- Assist the Product Manager as directed to produce product memos specific to FIT information and available FIT promotions
Provide Administrative support to the Product Manager
- Support development of the program charts for unique Signature Journeys and suggested Tailor Made Routings
- Assist with the preparation of the annual planning meeting documents for Tailor Made travel
- Provide back-up support for FIT issues when Product Manager is out of the office
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong team player who thrives with new challenges and champions change.
- Demonstrated adaptability, initiative, and a collaborative perspective.
- Skilled in verbal and written communication, problem solving, workload management.
- Strong knowledge of world geography.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in a business discipline preferred and/or equivalent related industry experience.
- Proven experience in product administration in the travel and/or hospitality industries
- Proven experience in product development, tour construction, operations, costing.
- Must maintain a valid passport
- Attendance at after-hours trade functions and site inspections
- Ability to travel frequently and, sometimes, with little advance notice
HOW TO APPLY